Seeking Proposals from Kenya for Advocacy for Immunization & Primary Health Care Financing
The Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) is seeking proposals for our new project in Kenya, Civil Society Organization (CSO) Advocacy for Immunization & Primary Health Care Financing. The application will be open until October 2.
GHAI is partnering with Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance as part of its 5.0 strategy and to secure social and political will for equitable and sustainable financing for immunization and primary health care. GHAI is collaborating with CSOs in select countries to ensure independent, sustained, high immunization coverage and equal access to life-saving vaccines for greater domestic resource mobilization and increased accountability in reaching zero-dose children and immunization coverage (including of newly introduced vaccines).
GHAI will support CSOs in Kenya to advocate for new domestic resources for primary health care and immunization; efficient use of domestic and Gavi funds to reach zero-dose children and increase immunization coverage; improved transparency and accountability for domestic and Gavi resources allocated to the immunization program.
Selected CSOs will advocate for their countries to:
- Increase domestic resource mobilization dedicated to primary health care and immunization service delivery;
- Improve execution of domestic funds and enable timely flow of funds to the frontlines;
- Increase the transparency and improve the tracking of public expenditure on primary health care and immunization service delivery;
- Ensure timely payment of Gavi co-financing obligations;
- Ensure new Gavi-supported vaccines are introduced and the country is aware and willing to meet any related increased co-financing obligations; and
- Strengthen the accountability of national and sub-national governments for reducing the number of zero-dose children and increasing immunization coverage.
Who can apply
GHAI is seeking civil society organizations in Kenya that have experience with health policy advocacy, especially as it relates to increasing domestic health financing for primary health care and immunizations. Interested CSOs should have experience with engaging policymakers, community organizations, and the media. A full list of criteria can be found in the RFP.
How to apply
- All applicants should fill out the application form located HERE. Please ensure all fields are complete and submit no later than October 2.
- For general questions regarding the RFP, including the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found HERE.
- A call for interested bidders will be held on September 25 at 9am ET. Please express your interest to Lexi Bullick (email@example.com) by September 22 to be invited.
Local Ownership of Drowning Prevention Initiatives in Nghe An Province, Vietnam
Located in the Central Region of Vietnam, Nghe An province has a dense network of rivers and many large streams, interwoven between mountain ranges. Flooding o…
Seeking Proposals from Zambia for Advocacy for Immunization & Primary Health Care Financing
The Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) is seeking proposals for our new project in Zambia, Civil Society Organization (CSO) Advocacy for Immunization …
Inviting Applications for Health Security Budget Advocacy Academy for Civil Society Organizations
The Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) is inviting applications from civil society organizations (CSOs) from across Africa with a special emphasis…