Seeking Proposals for Advocacy for Immunization & Primary Health Care Financing
The Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) is seeking proposals for our new project, Civil Society Organization (CSO) Advocacy for Immunization & Primary Health Care Financing. The application will be open until March 14, 2023.
GHAI is partnering with Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance as part of its 5.0 strategy and to secure social and political will for equitable and sustainable financing for immunization and primary health care. GHAI will collaborate with CSOs in select countries to ensure independent, sustained, high immunization coverage and equal access to life-saving vaccines for greater domestic resource mobilization and increased accountability in reaching zero-dose children and immunization coverage (including of newly introduced vaccines).
In this first phase GHAI will support CSOs in Nigeria, Ghana, Madagascar, Bangladesh and Pakistan to advocate for new domestic resources for primary health care and immunization; efficient use of domestic and Gavi funds to reach zero-dose children and increase immunization coverage; improved transparency and accountability for domestic and Gavi resources allocated to the immunization program.
Selected CSOs in the above countries will advocate for their countries to:
- Increase domestic resource mobilization dedicated to primary health care and immunization service delivery;
- Improve execution of domestic funds and enable timely flow of funds to the frontlines;
- Increase the transparency and improve the tracking of public expenditure on primary health care and immunization service delivery;
- Ensure timely payment of Gavi co-financing obligations;
- Ensure new Gavi-supported vaccines are introduced and the country is aware and willing to meet any related increased co-financing obligations; and
- Strengthen the accountability of national and sub-national governments for reducing the number of zero-dose children and increasing immunization coverage.
Who can apply
GHAI is seeking civil society organizations in Nigeria, Ghana, Madagascar, Bangladesh and Pakistan that have experience with health policy advocacy, especially as it relates to increasing domestic health financing for primary health care and immunizations. Interested CSOs should have experience with engaging policymakers, community organizations, and the media. A full list of criteria can be found in the RFP.
How to apply
- All applicants should fill out the application form located HERE. Please ensure all fields are complete and submit no later than March 14, 2023.
- For general questions regarding the RFP, including the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found HERE.
The Important Role of Civil Society in Advancing Road Safety Policies in Latin America
By Gema Granados and Paola Sánchez The importance of road safety laws Every year, 1.35 million people die because of road crashes worldwide. Most of these de…
Advocate Spotlight: Christian Monje
Christian Eduardo Monje is a Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) Legal Consultant in Bolivia conducting a comprehensive assessment of Civil Registration,…
Madagascar : Appel à propositions pour le plaidoyer enfaveur de la vaccination et du financement des soins de santé primaire
Le Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) lance un appel à propositions pour son nouveau projet, leplaidoyer des organisations de la société civile (OSC) en f…