The Global Health Advocacy Incubator Story
Locally-led advocacy, building on global best practice, is the key to integrated, effective, equitable, sustainable and accountable health systems—and for achieving positive health outcomes across sectors.
Over the past eight years, the Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) has helped civil society organizations around the world achieve health policy victories covering 2 billion people in diverse political systems—on issues including cardiovascular health, child drowning prevention, civil registration and vital statistics, healthy food policies, maternal and reproductive health, preventing epidemics and road safety.
Join us November 4, 2021, 9:00 – 9:45am EDT, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids and hear from GHAI’s global team and national partners how our mission grew from the successes and lessons learned from the global tobacco control movement — and where we go from here.
Este evento tendrá interpretación simultánea al español.
Cet événement sera traduit simultanément en français.
Moderator: Mena El-Turky, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Karl Marx Carumba, HealthJustice Philippines
- Ariana Childs Graham, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Dr. Priscilla Ibekwe, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
- Juan Carlos Morales, FIAN Colombia
- Danny McGoldrick, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Rachel Morrison, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Yolonda Richardson, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Ashim Sanyal, Consumer VOICE, India
- Dr. Verónica Schoj, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Claire Wingfield, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
How One Small Island Partner Secured a Big Advocacy Win
How did the country of Barbados adopt a national School Nutrition Policy win in just four years? It is in large part thanks to the tireless advocacy work of th…
Sweet Success: How Colombia's Landmark Sugary Beverage Tax Rose Above Legal Challenges
The Colombian Constitutional Court delivered a groundbreaking decision last month by unanimously declaring the tax on sugary drinks constitutional. With the …
Law, Trade and Nutritional Labeling: A Valuable Resource for Advocates and Public Health Professionals
A book coedited by the Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) provides public health advocates with critical information to defend front-of-package labeling…