The Global Health Advocacy Incubator Story
Locally-led advocacy, building on global best practice, is the key to integrated, effective, equitable, sustainable and accountable health systems—and for achieving positive health outcomes across sectors.
Over the past eight years, the Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) has helped civil society organizations around the world achieve health policy victories covering 2 billion people in diverse political systems—on issues including cardiovascular health, child drowning prevention, civil registration and vital statistics, healthy food policies, maternal and reproductive health, preventing epidemics and road safety.
Join us November 4, 2021, 9:00 – 9:45am EDT, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids and hear from GHAI’s global team and national partners how our mission grew from the successes and lessons learned from the global tobacco control movement — and where we go from here.
Este evento tendrá interpretación simultánea al español.
Cet événement sera traduit simultanément en français.
Moderator: Mena El-Turky, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Karl Marx Carumba, HealthJustice Philippines
- Ariana Childs Graham, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Dr. Priscilla Ibekwe, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
- Juan Carlos Morales, FIAN Colombia
- Danny McGoldrick, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Rachel Morrison, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Yolonda Richardson, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Ashim Sanyal, Consumer VOICE, India
- Dr. Verónica Schoj, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
- Claire Wingfield, Global Health Advocacy Incubator
Praise for President Biden’s Focus on Solving the Overdose Crisis in State of the Union Address
By Libby Jones Last night, President Biden delivered his second State of the Union address. The speech came as the country continues to experience more than…
Accomplishments and Upcoming Priorities in Overdose Prevention
By Libby Jones In November 2021, the Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) launched the Overdose Prevention Initiative, rooted in the belief that comprehens…
What We are Excited About This Year
Effective policies are the foundation of public health, and advocacy can ensure those policies are evidence-based, tailored to a local context and sustained …